A Taste of Autumn’s Delight
Embrace the crisp, golden days of autumn with a breakfast that captures the essence of the season – Pumpkin Pancakes. Adapted from a recipe of the culinary artisans at King Arthur Baking Company, these pancakes marry the warmth of cinnamon and nutmeg with the rich depth of canned pumpkin puree. Whether adorned with a drizzle of maple syrup or crowned with a dollop of whipped cream (or both!), these pancakes promise a delectable journey into the comforts of fall.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk Dry Ingredients:
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves.
- Combine Wet Ingredients:
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Incorporate Wet into Dry:
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet mixture. Stir until just combined. A few lumps are perfectly fine.
- Preheat Griddle or Skillet:
- Preheat a griddle or non-stick skillet over medium heat. Lightly grease with butter or cooking spray.
- Spoon Batter onto Griddle:
- Using a 1/4-cup measure, spoon the batter onto the hot griddle, spreading it slightly into a circle if needed.
- Cook Until Golden:
- Cook until the edges appear set and the surface of the pancake forms small bubbles, about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip and Cook Other Side:
- Flip the pancakes and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve Warm:
- Transfer the pancakes to a plate and serve warm.
- For added indulgence, consider adding a handful of chocolate chips or chopped nuts to the batter.
- Keep cooked pancakes warm in a 200°F (95°C) oven until ready to serve.
From a leisurely weekend brunch to a quick weekday treat, these Pumpkin Pancakes are an invitation to relish the comforts of fall. Drizzle with maple syrup, adorn with whipped cream, and let every bite transport you to a world of autumnal delight.
Note: Recipe adapted from King Arthur Baking Company.
Disclaimer: Recipe details and measurements are subject to personal preference and dietary restrictions. Adjustments can be made as needed.