Nub’s Nob in Harbor Springs, Michigan is one of the area’s best skiing for locals. The family-owned and family-friendly ski hill has been in operation since 1958.
- FREE Beginner Area for ALL ages – no lift ticket or pass required. Just ski over to the purple lift or the “Space Worm” Conveyor. Proper equipment is required.
- 53 ski runs (Trail Map)
- 248 acres of skiable terrain
- Nub’s Cubs Daycare is available every day the resort is open; 8:30AM – 5:00PM. Night daycare is available on holidays and weekends with advance registration.
- Learn to Ski programming
- Cross-country & Snowshoe Trails
- Bargain pricing is offered until early October
Nub’s (as the locals affectionately call it) offers fun events such as their Open House, Bahnhof Race League, the Torchlight Parade, and Mardi Gras.
The annual Nub’s Nob Open House happens in early October. It’s an event hosted to prepare for the ski season ahead.
What to expect: purchase passes in advance and get your pass photo taken during the Open House. Enjoy a free lunch of hamburgers, brats, and hot dogs. Get a discounted pre-season tune-up. Listen to live music in the Winter Garden. Try your chances at becoming a Snowmaker as you race uphill on foot, straight up Smokey.
Bahnhof Race League
Offered Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, the Bahnhof Race League is a team-based, NASTAR-style giant slalom. Ski league has been a popular way for locals to enjoy winter for over forty years.
Nub’s Nob celebrates a free and family-friendly New Year’s Eve with their annual parade. Ski Patrol and Sports School instructors make a run down Smokey & Valley with flares, making a beautiful light display. The event takes place at 5:30PM so that little ones can take part in the fun without being up too late.
The Nub’s Nob Mardi Gras party offers all-day and low-cost fun for everyone. Past events have included fat-tire rides down the slopes, kid’s silly slalom on Big Time, giant slalom racing on Birch Run, adult silly slalom (a team event), race across “Lake Nub’s” in the Soaker Cup, and costume contests. Several cash prizes are available. Most entry fees are $1.