As a new homeowner, insurance can be a complete unknown. Managing the investment of homeownership can be made easier by being informed. Below are two useful guides to choosing the right policy.
The Insurance Information Institute (Triple-I) and the National Association of Realtors (NAR) have partnered on the release of the new Homebuyers Insurance Handbook.
Triple I & NAR Handbook Key Takeaways
- Key homeowners insurance definitions
- Factors to consider when evaluating your insurance
- Determining a coverage amount that works for you
- What’s included in a standard policy and other coverage options that might be available
- How to save money with annual insurance check-ups
The State of Michigan also has a home insurance guide you might find useful.
State of Michigan Handbook Key Takeaways
- Understanding your homeowners insurance policy
- Sample of a declarations page
- Insurance eligibility
- Types of policies
- Settlement options found in policies
- Types of coverage
- Extra coverages you can purchase and more…
We hope you find these resources helpful!