With so much at stake in the selling of a home, here’s our case for why you should work with a professional Coldwell Banker Fairbairn Realty agent to list and sell your home.
For many people, owning a home is one of the largest financial transactions they’ll make, which is why 86% of sellers listed their homes on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS), which is the number one source for sellers to list their home1. It’s estimated that real estate agents play more than 150 roles during an average home transaction, so it’s best to leave it to the pros.
Real estate agents know how to sell your home quickly and for the best price. Successful sales balance four components: the market, price, condition of the house and exposure. Because agents know about market trends and the other houses in your neighborhood, they’re well equipped to play up your home’s advantages and downplay disadvantages.
In addition, a skilled agent will:
- Help determine an asking price that will make your home competitive
- Help determine your selling expenses
- Work with you to plan your selling strategy
- List your property on the Multiple Listing Service, so buyers can easily find it online
- Review purchase offers with you
- Help you navigate the many services you may need during the process, such as appraisals, inspections, home repairs, and title orders
- Be readily available to take your calls and answer any questions
There is also a financial advantage to using an agent:
- Homes that are offered for sale by the owner (FSBO) typically sell for less than the selling price of other homes. FSBO homes sold at a median of $225,000 in 2021, which is significantly lower than the median of agent-assisted homes at $345,0002.
- The average Coldwell Banker® listed property sells for 20.7% higher than the National Association of REALTORS® average price3.
If you are selling your property and plan to purchase another home, your real estate agent will be a valuable partner to help ensure everything goes smoothly. In fact, 53% of sellers nationwide use the same agent to purchase their next home3.
Contact your Coldwell Banker Fairbairn Realty agent today to discuss listing your property for the Spring selling season.
- 2022 National Association of REALTORS® Profile of Home Buyer and Sellers. 2. 2022 National Association of REALTORS® Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers Report. 3. National Association of REALTORS® 2021 Average Sales Price: $368,400.