Check out these easy steps you can take to make your home stand out, sell quickly and put more money in your pocket.
- Declutter – start packing away the knick-knacks, pick items up off closet floors, and make more space. Decide which items to keep, trash, donate, or sell then follow through!
- Create a clear vision – help buyers imagine your home as theirs. Depersonalizing your space allows them to see themselves in your home. Remove photos and items which are identifying like sports memorabilia, trophies, and knick-knacks.
- Increase face value – make minor improvements such as replacing caulk or grout, touching up paint blemishes, swapping out switch plates, and do what you can to maximize your value!
- Put in some elbow grease – scrub, shine, and polish. Tidy up and get some deep cleaning done from windows to counters, to carpets and floors. Help your home look its best.
- Apply some paint – Did you make some bold paint choices? Did you leave the plain builder white? Apply some neutral colors to your walls. Warm grays, taupes, creams, and pale blues, are the most desirable palettes for buyers.
- Refresh – pressure wash the exterior, clean out gutters, trim bushes and trees, put down mulch, and improve the curb appeal.
- Don’t be “nose – blind” – freshen the air by deep cleaning fabrics that can hold onto odors. Drapes, rugs, carpets, sofas, and chairs, take the time to steam clean, and be sure to smell fresh and clean!
We know that these simple tips will help you add more value to your home when you decide to sell. Want to know your home’s current market value? We’d be happy to help you with that! Call or text 231.548.9336 for your free market analysis OR reach out using our form. We look forward to working with you!